POSITION AVAILABLE: Director of Sales
About the Position
We require an enthusiastic and talented software sales professional to launch and execute our expanded, direct sales program.
This role will have four areas of responsibility:
- PROSPECTING: Targeting leaders within school districts and non-profit organizations who must prove the impact of intervention programs on student results. Prospecting activities will include (1) working with company resources to generate regional/national target lists and to execute door-opening email campaigns, (2) engaging economic decision-makers and qualifying for urgency, (3) using our CRM system to track prospect engagement, and (4) aggressively managing our company’s revenue pipeline and forecasts.
- CONSULTATIVE SALES to Economic Decision-Makers: Our solutions can make a dramatic impact on a school or a non-profit leader’s ability to attract and retain funding for their organizations. Therefore, our sales professional will sell to these decision-makers at the top levels of schools districts and non-profits.Our solutions are built on a common technology platform. Education clients will buy our ready-to-go software solution, which generates annual subscription revenue. However, national or multi-regional non-profit organizations will require consulting services and software customization services to adapt our software solution to their unique needs. The Director of Sales will use a consultative sales approach to understand client needs and match solution modules to their needs. For larger clients, the sales professional will also introduce our consulting and software services, and bring in subject matter experts (in impact management and software development) to review their detailed requirements. Our sales professional will lead our team to set client strategies, to develop consulting or software development proposals, and to negotiate major software as a service (SaaS) contracts.
- SALES SUPPORT TO END USERS AND TECHNICAL RECOMMENDERS: iResult’s products are innovative and technical. A critical part of the sales process involves demonstrating our application software to clients’ end users (superintendents, administrators, principals, non-profit leadership and non-profit staff), and introducing our platform technology to clients’ technical recommenders. This may include Superintendents, data management specialists, IT managers, or even CIOs within national or multi-regional non-profit organizations. To this end, the Director of Sales must be proficient in demonstrating our software solution, and when needed, must work in concert with our consulting and software experts to present our services, answer questions, and overcome objections presented by technical recommenders within client organizations.
- NETWORKING AND EVENTS: iResult is championing its Impact Management Solution through industry associations, conferences, and events. Our SOFTWARE SALES PROFESSIONAL will act as a representative of iResult at these events.
Required Skills and Experience
- Proven record in consultative software sales in the edu-tech industry
- Proven record building sales teams in the edu-tech industry
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Experience selling business intelligence solutions and software as a service (SaaS) a plus.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office incl. PowerPoint and Excel
- Creativity – can creatively think of solutions
- Communication – ability to communicate effectively and concisely with client management and technical resources
- Team player – ability to work seamlessly with others
- Multi-Tasking – ability to manage concurrent tasks and keep leadership abreast of developments
- Detail-oriented – a fine attention to detail and completing work in excellence
- Strong work ethic – ability to be resilient in the face of many priorities
- Self-starter – an independent worker who can function within parameters
- Problem-Solver – superior analytical, evaluative and problem-solving skills
- On-call availability and overtime
- Respond to emergencies and client requests
If interested, please send your resume AND cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org